Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Brother

Before you read this... 
This was written with a perspective of a Rich boy talking to a boy from Sudan and other such famine hit countries...
#Respect for them... ☺


Our worlds were the same, our dreams so similar...
Yet one look at him, he never seemed familiar...

We both loved our families, while they too loved us back.
Yet today, while I grew stronger with them, he completely had lost their track...

We both had a roof above our heads, 
And got our share of daily bread,
But My house for me was my Home, 
while that was something he had never seen, only read...

While I slept, I slept peacefully, dreamed beautiful with nothing to care about the world,
He slept, A numb heart, and a hurricane within his head into which he'd been Hurled...

My sun shines for me beautifully throughout day be it bright or dim,
While his Sun blazes its wrath mercilessly on him.

I wake up everyday with dreams, aspirations and everything to move ahead,
My brother wakes up every morning wishing he was Dead.

While I got respect and love from all the world around me,
All he could ever garner was sympathy..

I asked him how did this ever happen...
When my world glitterer, how could yours darken..

He remained calm, while I grew restless,
He said this is the same reason why they became helpless.

I asked him if he could sort his problems, I'd lend him some money,
He said that had been the root cause of all the despairity, It was like a poison, which looked like Honey...

My brother here is found in every nook and corner,
He comes, lives and dies a loner...

His only wish is that the world would see,
They are too a part of this societal Sea...

I hope a day does dawn when Disparities cease,
But even while reading it, u know you hold the keys...

-Shraviii

4 comments:

pooh oh pooh said...

Man you can try being Indie Eminem man! I re ad it like a Rap!! Way to go boy!!

Sravan said...

Thanks Appu ☺

Unknown said...

Niche machan

Sravan said...

Thanks Ganya